Monday, March 21, 2011

Things We Did This Weekend ......

Made Pickled Eggs! Kinda nasty looking though right?! I am not a pickle fan, so I thought there was no way that I would like them. Kyle made his Grandmas' recipe about a year ago, and I've been hooked since! We don't make them all the time, but they are fun to have for a snack once in awhile!


Went grocery shopping! This picture is a great example of why I coupon, FREE noodles!! For whatever reason, noodles always seem to be free with a coupon. Guess its a way for the store to lure you in, but I'm down with that! Makes for a nice food storage item! And noodles aren't the only thing you always get for free with coupons. If you have ever wondered if clipping coupons is worth it, I say yes!


Got our 2nd Bountiful Basket, and loving it! Cantelope, bananas, mangos, tomatos, apples, clementines, broccoli, cauliflower, chard, celery, asparagus, cilantro.


Made salsa!! I normally do not make fresh salsa during the winter, because I make it all summer long with stuff from our garden. But, since I got cilantro and tomatos (above) I decided to bust out the chopper! Mmm mmm, love me some chips and salsa! Makes me excited for our garden that Kyle has actally already been working hard at this year! He has planted whatever can go in the ground outside, and the rest are growing in pots inside the house! Can't wait for some sunshine and fresh garden veggies!


Made huts! OK so I bought this pop-up tent on clearence at Target awhile back. I tucked it away thinking I would give it to Kohen on his next birthday. I went downstairs the other day where it was tucked away (going for something else) and noticed it. I had completely forgot about it! I knew there was no way I was going to remember that I had it tucked away in a few months, sooooo what better to do over the weekend than make the kids a fun hut in Kohen's room!?! They had a blast :)
The rest of our weekend consisted of a little cleaning, laundry, making green smoothies:), going for walks, pre-school and church for Grace, reading books, watching movies, and running errands. I also went to lunch with my Mama while Kyle and the kids went to Grandma 'Nae's. I love the weekends because its all about family time, and my family I love!

No comments: