Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Zucchini Cakes!

So I had a few zucchini's that we needed to eat. Since we grow zucchini in our garden in the summer, we've cooked it up several different ways. Well I googled about it, because I wanted to try something new. This recipe is what I stumbled upon when looking, zucchini cakes! They turned out pretty darn tasty if you ask me, although the kids would say otherwise, lol! The recipe was something like this: grated zucchini, bread crumbs, flour, salt, onion, egg, cheese. The recipe suggested that you dip them in sour cream or marinara when eating. We used chalula. I am thinking there are several things I could have added to this recipe, I will for sure be trying them again some time when we have oodles in the summer! Our side dish consisted of brown rice, black beans, onion, garlic, cumin and mexican stewed tomatoes. Yumm!

No comments: